About Us

Billings, Montana, United States
The Professor and I were civilly married 24 May 1998 and sealed for time and all eternity 11 Sept 1999 in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple, American Fork, UT. We have, between us 6 biological children and 3 we claim as ours through the heart strings! We call Billings, Montana home and love it here. We camp, hunt, fish, ride horses and LOVE bull riding and rodeos. Our church is a huge part of our lives and our callings keep us very busy. We love our Saviour, Jesus Christ and strive to show that love to our fellow man every day. We got our nicknames because I am the "spark" that keeps things lively around here, and he was smart enough to marry me! That's the short story on it anyway!

Thursday, May 29, 2014

CATCHING UP

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted on here! So much has happened since my last post. I had surgery on my head. I had an acoustic neuroma, a benign tumor deep inside my ear resting on my balance nerve which caused me to walk like a total drunk. On December 19, 2013 I had surgery to have it removed. It has been a rather long road back.


Hospital pictures of my surgery. It is now a little more than 5 months post surgery and I am still having some balance issues but my incision is finally feeling pretty much healed.

My balance issues come mostly on uneven surfaces, in the wind or in the dark, and on unfamiliar turf.

Immediately after my surgery, the right side of my face was paralyzed. I couldn't smile with the right side, my right eye didn't work properly. I went to physical therapy for my face and regained full use of everything. I can even whistle again which I couldn't do before.

We have now been here in Monroe for a year and we are all settled in. It has been a good year. The best part has been Megan getting pregnant and watching her bloom in her pregnancy. They are having a boy. They don't have a name yet, or if they do, they're not saying what it is. I was teasing Megan for a long time by calling the baby "Herkimer"!! 

I am so excited to be here and be able to be with her to help her when the baby comes.

I threw a baby shower for Megan and the baby. It was a LOT of fun!
Isn't she adorable!

Megan is decorating the baby's room with monkeys, so here is the cake I got her

The baby game we played for Megan's shower.














Dan has been called to be the Young Men's President in our ward and I teach 5 year olds in Primary. both callings keep us busy.Dan and the boy's went to the Klondike derby and had a blast!



I went up to Montana in May to see Jacob, Heather, Ben and Gwen. Oh what fun I had! Jacob had to work, so I didn't get to see him until he was off work, but then we did have all day Saturday together. We went to the zoo twice. Well, Heather and I took the kids one day, then Jacob, Heather and I took the kids again on Saturday. We also went to parks to play and I took some family pictures of them.

I had so much fun with Heather! What a gem she is! I loved getting to know her even better as we spent time together teasing each other, laughing, joking and playing with the kids.






Aren't they a beautiful family!


I love this picture! Gwen just would not cooperate!





And finally, bringing us up to date, Dan and I just celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary. We went to Bryce Canyon National Park to camp for the weekend. It was gloriously beautiful!

The last 16 years being married to Dan have been the most wonderful, best, happiest years of my life. He does so much for me and for us and for our kids and grandkids. I'm so grateful to and for him.

Natural Bridge in Bryce Canyon National Park

The love of my life!




My honey picked me some wild flowers!


No comments: