About Us

Billings, Montana, United States
The Professor and I were civilly married 24 May 1998 and sealed for time and all eternity 11 Sept 1999 in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple, American Fork, UT. We have, between us 6 biological children and 3 we claim as ours through the heart strings! We call Billings, Montana home and love it here. We camp, hunt, fish, ride horses and LOVE bull riding and rodeos. Our church is a huge part of our lives and our callings keep us very busy. We love our Saviour, Jesus Christ and strive to show that love to our fellow man every day. We got our nicknames because I am the "spark" that keeps things lively around here, and he was smart enough to marry me! That's the short story on it anyway!

Friday, December 23, 2011

END OF THE YEAR RUSH!

Boy have we been busy! It's been a great last couple weeks, and now we are winding down to the end of this year and the beginning of a new year. First let me do a little reviewing of the past year, and then I'll look forward a little.

The last year was a great one. A few babies born, a wedding, a visit from Megan and Victor, several visits from Liz, Doug and the kids, a trip to Missouri to see Danny, Jen and the kids for Nate's baptism, Thanksgiving with Dan's Aunt Rosann, Missionaries living with us again, the healing of my headaches, several great camping trips, trips to New Mexico, Utah Nebraska and Las Vegas.

The babies that were born are Benjamin, Jake and Heather's boy, Leeam, Alma Jean and Doug's boy, and Tyler, Leo and Liz's boy. Yuppers, all boys! They are all adorable and we are so blessed to have them. Of our 9 grandkids, only 2 are girls, Lilly and Audrey.

Jacob and Heather finally got married on Dec. 16th and it was a very nice, simple ceremony. Not too large and everyone had a great time. Megan and Victor were able to come up for Jake and Heather's wedding and it was amazing to see them. Hard to say good-bye when they left. We had our family Christmas while they were here and it was wonderful to be able to introduce Megan and Victor to our family traditions.

We were very happy to be invited to Nate's baptism and to be able to go. Of course, NOTHING was going to keep us away once we knew we were invited. On the way, we stopped in Minnesota to have Thanksgiving dinner with Dan's Aunt Rosann. It was a wonderful dinner and we were grateful for the family time we had with them.

We were able to go to Las Vegas for Dan's work and while we were there we were able to see my brother and one of my nephews. We had a nice dinner with them and it was great to see them again. I don't get to see Frank very often and Christopher didn't even remember ever meeting me before. Kinda sad huh?

I had many health issues last year and was in and out of the hospital numerous times, in ICU once (I almost died of an accidental overdose of Fentynal). We spent thousands of dollars on medical care and found no relief for my headaches until I went to see Dr. Spencer Jones DC and Jodi Dodge LMT. Between the two of them, I FEEL GREAT!!! Jodi is an amazingly talented Massage Therapist, she really gets in there and does some deeeeeeep massage. The first time I went to her, she made me cry, and I was sore for the next few days, but between that and the chiropractic adjustment, my headaches disappeared almost instantly! Did I mention that I FEEL GREAT!!!

I was also diagnosed with having Bi-polar disorder this past year, and after quite some time of adjusting medications, I am also feeling much better in that area too. I am sleeping through the night and my moods have become quite stable. I am happy not to be on an emotional roller coaster anymore. My self-confidence is slowly coming back and I'm feeling like I can start living again. I can't begin to tell you how good that feels.

So, that's been kind of a year in review, now let's look ahead. I just talked about how much better I'm feeling both emotionally and physically right? Well, my chiropractor is planning on going into private practice and Jodi is going with him...Dr. Jones has offered me the position of being his office manager!!! I told him about my bi-polar and that it's just getting under control, and of course he knows about the headaches, cuz he's the one who cured them!! I am very honored that he would want me to come work for him. He is sending me to a training at the end of January down in Phoenix, AZ. That will be a nice place to go to get away from Montana in January!!

Hopefully Megan and Victor will have a baby in the coming year, and that will add to our growing list of grandbabies. how we love them!

Dan also plans to retire this coming year, so that will be awesome! what a roll reversal it will be for me to be at work, and him to be able to be home!

So, I'm going to post some pictures...some may be repeats, but I hope you'll enjoy them anyway.

We wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy, prosperous New Year.
Love,
Dan and Mari



















No comments: