About Us

Billings, Montana, United States
The Professor and I were civilly married 24 May 1998 and sealed for time and all eternity 11 Sept 1999 in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple, American Fork, UT. We have, between us 6 biological children and 3 we claim as ours through the heart strings! We call Billings, Montana home and love it here. We camp, hunt, fish, ride horses and LOVE bull riding and rodeos. Our church is a huge part of our lives and our callings keep us very busy. We love our Saviour, Jesus Christ and strive to show that love to our fellow man every day. We got our nicknames because I am the "spark" that keeps things lively around here, and he was smart enough to marry me! That's the short story on it anyway!

Friday, October 12, 2012

LATEST HOSPITAL STAY...WHAT A SCARE

On Sept 17th, I went to bed feeling just fine. Then, I came to 3 days later, in the ICU, with an intubation tube down my throat, my arms tied to the bed rails, and nurses and doctors all around me. I had no idea what day or time it was, or where I was or why I was there. All I knew was that the tube down my throat was driving me crazy and being as claustrophobic as I am having my hands tied to the bed was really making me nutszoid. They had me tied to the bed so I couldn't pull the tube out of my throat. I managed to do it anyway though and the Dr. was very concerned. They told me that I could have pulled my vocal chords right out and never been able to talk again. Can you imagine that? ME, not able to talk....that would be torture!!

So, I was in the ICU for 6 days as they fought the pneumonia and the sepsis that had invaded my blood system. After 6 days in ICU, I was moved to a regular room and spent an additional 5 days there. My veins had collapsed and they had a very difficult time getting  IV lines running, and in the process hit a nerve in my wrist and now if I bump that spot it shoots pain from that spot, out of my finger tips kind of like a super hero shooting fire from her fingers. But I also have a spot on the fleshy part of the thumb of that hand that is completely numb. Very strange.

I was so blessed while in the hospital though, Dan was by my side, the Bishop came and gave Dan and I both blessings, we had so many prayers being said for us. Megan posted to my FB page so all my FB friends would be praying for me as well.

Last night I did a sleep study, and today was prescribed a CPAP mask and equipment. I need to make an appointment to go check them out and get fitted for what I need. I just really hope and pray that this will be the last time I get pneumonia, that the CPAP machine will help me keep my lungs clear.

0nce I was coherent, I asked Dan to ask visitors to come. it was good for my spirits, being the "people person" I am. I know if it had been Dan in that situation, he probably wouldn't have wanted anyone but me to be with him, but, we are very different in that way. He did send out text messages asking people to come visit, but, even then, he was the keeper of the gate, only allowing one or two people in at a time, and if I was exceptionally tired, he would ask people to wait and let me rest.

Jacob would come in at 4:30 am after he got off work. The security guards let him come in at that time when he explained to them that he just got off work and he was coming to see his mom. It was funny to wake up in the middle of the night and have Jake standing there. I had no idea what time or day it was, but I was so glad to have him there. I know Megan called regularly to check on me, and she wanted very badly to come up but just couldn't make it happen. Mom Pratt also said the whole family was fasting for me. I know that all made a huge difference for me, and I truly believe that pulled me through.

So thanks to everyone who fasted, prayed, came to visit, brought food etc. I am feeling much better, although when Dan and I go for walks, I do have to use my inhaler, sometimes several times, but that's ok...at least I can go walking. I try to go a little farther every day.

So, that's pretty much it in a nutshell for now. Y'all have a great day, until next time.....ttfn!

No comments: