About Us

Billings, Montana, United States
The Professor and I were civilly married 24 May 1998 and sealed for time and all eternity 11 Sept 1999 in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple, American Fork, UT. We have, between us 6 biological children and 3 we claim as ours through the heart strings! We call Billings, Montana home and love it here. We camp, hunt, fish, ride horses and LOVE bull riding and rodeos. Our church is a huge part of our lives and our callings keep us very busy. We love our Saviour, Jesus Christ and strive to show that love to our fellow man every day. We got our nicknames because I am the "spark" that keeps things lively around here, and he was smart enough to marry me! That's the short story on it anyway!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Well...it's been a long time, so let's see what I can say to catch you up....pictures are always good, and I'll certainly post some, and there will be some writing for sure as well.

I have had some difficult health issues over the last many months. I have ended up in the hospital with reflux pneumonia 4 times now, and one time with diverticulitis (sp?)
I think we have figured out the problem now though and hopefully am on the road to recovery. I am walking each day again. Some days I need to use my inhaler, other days I don't. I started out just a half hour a day, and didn't get very far, but each day I am going a little further and a little longer. I am proud of myself and Dan is very relieved that things seem to be so much better. The last time I landed in the hospital was VERY scary for him. We were camping and about 3 am I started gurgling in my sleep. Dan thought maybe I was having a low blood sugar episode and tried to feed me, but I was not making any sense and just in a really bad way, so he put me in the truck and rushed the 100 miles back to Billings and to the hospital. I was admitted for 4 days.

We think the medication I was taking for my headaches was over medicating me and making me sleep too soundly so that I was aspirating my reflux and it was going into my lungs causing the pneumonia. I have quit taking that medication and am trying something new and so far I feel much better.

We went camping again the weekend after I got out of the hospital and it was wonderful. We even went back to the exact same spot we were before. Dan wants to go Elk hunting there this fall. He is hoping our Son-in-law, Victor will come up and go with him. He really likes Victor. Victor is a good man and Megan couldn't have done any better, but that's another story!

We are excitedly looking forward to Dan's retirement on Sept. 1st!! We have some great travel plans in place already, we are going to his nieces wedding on Sept. 30, and his nephew's wedding on the 22 of Sept. We are also going to New Mexico to see his mom, and Michigan to visit my family there and to go back to my old home town.

We now have 9 1/2 grand kids. Jake is married with one little boy, and another one on the way, due around Christmas.


Benjamin Andrew Granneman

Doug and Liz have three kids now....Brighton, Lilly and Tyler


Alma Jean has only one boy, Leeam, her marriage is rocky most of the time and we never know from one week to the next if she's going to want to leave him or stay with him.


Leeam's first birthday, he's about 16 months now.

Danny and Jen have 4 kids, 3 boys and 1 girl, they are living in Missouri. We don't get to see them much,and I don't have a current picture.

David and Carrie, we know nothing about. We haven't heard from them in a couple years. Neither has anyone else. I don't know exactly why, but we hope they are happy, and wish them well.

Megan and Victor don't have any kids yet, but I'm hoping they'll start trying soon...a grandma can never start wishing too soon!!

Here are some random pictures maybe you'll enjoy.


Megan and Victor's wedding


Liz came to go riding with me


our first camping site this year


Jake and Heather's wedding


Victor


Ben and his Grandmas

So, that should be about enough for now....I'll try to be better at keeping up on this...really I will. I know I say that all the time, but I will really try.

Have a good day now!




No comments: