About Us

Billings, Montana, United States
The Professor and I were civilly married 24 May 1998 and sealed for time and all eternity 11 Sept 1999 in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple, American Fork, UT. We have, between us 6 biological children and 3 we claim as ours through the heart strings! We call Billings, Montana home and love it here. We camp, hunt, fish, ride horses and LOVE bull riding and rodeos. Our church is a huge part of our lives and our callings keep us very busy. We love our Saviour, Jesus Christ and strive to show that love to our fellow man every day. We got our nicknames because I am the "spark" that keeps things lively around here, and he was smart enough to marry me! That's the short story on it anyway!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Camping and the 4th of July

What an amazing weekend Dan and I had camping and going to the Red Lodge Rodeo. It's one of my favorite rodeos that we go to each year. The only bummer was that this year, we didn't get grand-stand tickets and ended up sitting in the direct sunshine in over 90 degree heat. We were so hot, we ended up leaving early so I missed my very favorite events which are the mutton busting, bull riding and wild horse races. If you don't know what any of those are, just ask, I'll be happy to tell you all about them!

I got some awesome pictures and I'll post some here, and they are on my Facebook page as well.

One of the things I like most about being out there camping is the quiet, and the chances we have to see wild life, and even buildings. I love barns, old broken down ones that are barely standing, bright red new ones ready to give years of service, it doesn't matter, I just love them, and I don't know why, except perhaps because of my deep and abiding love of horses, and barns keep horses safe and warm.

I took a picture of Picket Pin Ranch headquarters on this trip just to show how big it is. The buildings were really far away, and it gives you an idea of how huge Montana ranches can be.

I also got some fun pictures of us fishing, although neither of us got anything, we had fun. We were in Grizzly country, so we carried our bear spray and had our dogs and guns close by at all times. We saw some bears, but they weren't too close to our camp, Dan got some pictures of one of them through his spotting scope. He put his little camera up to the spotting scope lens and snapped the pictures. He did pretty good at it!

Now we are home, and tomorrow it's back to the grind for Dan, but, he only has a little under 2 months left before he retires!! we are super excited!

So, ttfn my friends, hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments: